Friday, August 8, 2014

Aloha kakahiaka, Iselle!

So far Iselle has only brought O'ahu some gusty trades and a little rain. Nothing too sketchy. The biggest hassle I've experienced is the massive lights pointed right at my boat, from the NBC weather truck that's parked fifty feet away. 

Of course, that didn't stop me from going out in the middle of the night and pee'ing off the back like I always do. So, if you think that super moon came early to Hawaii, check the broadcast network you're watching; it might be a false image. 

Sleep was okay, could have been better. Still fighting off the horrible hay fever from my two weeks in Oregon. Woke up a few times and checked the decks and had a look around. Had to shut a couple of hatches to keep the blowing wind out. 

When I awoke this morning, I took the ladies to the Harbor Pub where I could get breakfast and the dogs are welcomed. 

We were first in the door and the ladies earned some bacon from the wait staff for being polite and 'cute.' Frankly, I don't see it. 



I learned that we are all waiting for the mayor to let us know the status of everything at 2p today. In the meantime, my internet is still up and I'm off into my virtual work day. 

Waiting for 2p and #2 hurricane. 

Aloha!

No comments: