Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Believe in You

I don't know if you know, but I'm the proud papa of three beautiful Irish princesses. And this past month, I got to spend some time with them. The eldest, Caeley, is on staff at Cloud and Kelly's, a cute little pub in Corvallis, Oregon. the younger two live in Beaverton, Oregon, and I get as much time as I can with them. 
Somehow this visit this past month afforded me the chance to go to Falls City, Oregon, and jump off the falls and into the Luckiamute River.

Caeley and Aoibhinn (pronounced even), were quick, albeit cautious, to make the leap and climb back up the rocks. As Aoibhinn was working up the courage to make the eight-foot jump, Medbh (rhymes with gave), was very supportive and shouted out to her sister, "I believe in you!" 


It was a beautiful moment, made even more special by Medbh's intensity. She's a passionate, insightful, and amazing little kid. 

My ginger. 

She fought her own battle to get to the point where she was able to make the leap. Later, she told me, "I counted to ten, Dad...ten times...at least." 

Thank you for this gift of this time with these lovely women. And thank you for this gift of their fierce spirits. 

I believe in you!





No comments: